The pallof press is a simple set up can be done on a cable machine or at home with some resistance bands.
Pallof Press Set Up:
- Grab the cable or band creating tension
- Stand side onto the band/cable
- Holding the cable/band at chest height push the band out locking the elbows out whilst keeping the shoulder down.
- Using breath take a big inhale through the nose, holding the breath as you press out and breath out as you bring the cable back in
Rep Ranges: 8-10 reps for 3-5 sets
The pallof press should be bread and butter for creating stronger obliques and what’s also known as core stiffness, which protects the spine.
Pallof Press & Stir the Pot
Tall Kneeling Banded Pallof Press
If you have any questions on the above or would like some advice on how we could help you with your fitness goal, don’t hesitate, visit our gym and try one of our personal trainers sessions.
- Pallof Press: Benefits, Exercise & Variations
- The 5 Best Ab Exercises You Can Do
- The Best AB Exercises To Get a 6 Pack
- Tick All The Boxes With Core Training
- How To Effectively Train Your “Core”