The world is constantly in search of a new fix, a new, improved, and usually “faster” way to get into shape. Unfortunately there is no single best way to get into shape otherwise there wouldn’t be so many different theories and techniques to try and get in better shape, there would just be “the way”.
There are however more favourable ways to train based on certain demographics and goals. We like to use full body workouts with just about 100% of our members and here are the reasons why.
Reasons to Use Total Body Workouts
1. It will allow you to hit all the major movement patterns multiple times per week.
Those being squat, hinge, push, pull, rotate, carry and some form of single leg work. The general population need as much exposure to these exercises in order to hit the save button when it comes to learning the movement.
2. Total body workouts are more time efficient.
The majority of us are busy and we plan on being in and out of the gym in an hour, which includes warm-up. Total body sessions allow you to hit all of the biggest “bang for your buck exercises” in a short space of time.
3. You recover quicker.
When you don’t hit specific muscle groups or movements as hard in a session then you are ready to go for your next session quicker. As mentioned above, people are busy which means training on consecutive days sometimes. If you’re sore from the previous workout it will take away from that day’s session.
4. They make you less likely to develop overuse injuries or develop muscle imbalances that can lead to poor posture.
The latter is more likely in males who stereotypically over develop the pecs, lats and biceps.
5. Total body sessions are naturally more metabolic then splitting the body up.
What this loosely translates to is that you will essentially burn more calories when completing total body sessions.
Full Body Training
We help our members with a nutritional programme that works for them, if you’re struggling, give us a shout at our gyms in London or try out our group personal training and we’ll help you work out a plan that suits you.
- Full Body Workouts: Benefits, Exercise & Variations
- Bodyweight Flow Workout
- Why You Should Focus on Full Body Workouts
- Bodyweight Training – You Are Your Own Gym
- HIIT Workouts for Beginners at Home