This is a great high protein recipe that you can make a batch of and it tastes even better the day after. So have it for dinner, take some to work for lunch the next day etc. Will last up to 3 days in the fridge.
You can use beef or turkey.
Makes about 4-5 servings.
- 500 grams of Free Range Turkey Breast Mince or Organic Beef
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Courgette diced
- 2 sticks of Celery diced
- 1 Carrot diced
- 1 Small red Chilli Pepper de-seeded and sliced thinly
- 1 Red Onion chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Tbs Tomato Paste/Puree
- 1200g of Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Tbs Paprika
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 can/box of Kidney Beans (**for the veggie version only)
- In a very large pot heat the coconut oil on medium
- Add in the Turkey/Beef Mince and slowly cook until it goes slightly brown
- Add in the chopped onions and garlic cook til they go opaque
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and paste
- Add the veggies in and kidney beans if using
- Add in all the herbs and spices
Stir thoroughly and let simmer for 40mins-1 hour
Let cool and serve alone or with some steamed green vegetables.
- Healthy Chicken Nuggets and Chips Recipe
- Our Version of Huevos Rancheros: A Healthy and Simple Recipe
- Salmon and Grilled Asparagus
- Immunity Boosting Soup
- Meal Ideas for Training Days