This is an easy fish dish to make for dinner, served with some grilled asparagus and steamed broccoli and cauliflower. When you eat more cruciferous vegetables with your protein you will find yourself feeling full very quick and not missing the potatoes, rice or starchy sides you may be used to.
If you’re cooking for one, it’s best to make both fillets (they usually come in packs of two) at once and serve one cold the next day for lunch with a salad for example.
What you’ll need:
- 2 Fillets of Salmon (Wild or Organic)
- Olive Oil
- Tamari/Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos
- Black Pepper
- Lemon Thyme/Oregano or fresh herbs of choice
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 Bunch Asparagus
- Broccoli and Cauliflower florets
- Wash Salmon and veggies and pat dry
- Place Salmon in a baking dish
- Pour 1/2 Tbs olive oil over salmon, followed by a splash of soy or Tamari sauce, squeeze 1/2 lemon
- Season with herbs and pepper
- Flip Salmon so skin is facing up while marinading. Can be left covered in the fridge for a few hours or 10 mins, either way it will taste good
While that is marinading…
- Place the Broccoli and Cauliflower in a steamer (will steam for 10 mins)
- Lay the Asparagus on a baking tray and sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Make sure it’s all evenly distributed
- Turn grill onto high and place in the oven for 10 mins while steaming veggies
- Salmon can go in after 5 minutes and cook for between 5-10 mins depending on preference and if you like your salmon seared or cooked through
Enjoy this, check out more recipes on site.