Include These Principles in Your Fat Loss Programme
It’s January, everyone’s on a fat loss programme and we’re inundated with requests for advice on ‘the best programme, exercise and/or diet for fat loss’. Our views extend well beyond a brief tip post, but here’s some brief points.
There’s arguably no ‘best’ programme or diet for fat loss; there are many ways to skin a cat. However, there are some core PRINCIPLES that will be at the foundation of any worthwhile approach.
Core Principles for a Fat Loss Programme
Exercise for fat loss is simple, but there are plenty of contradicting opinions. However, the approaches that ACTUALLY WORK will likely agree on these points:
- Follow a programme that causes a high level of metabolic disturbance.
- Prioritise full body compound exercises.
- Make it short, sharp and as uncomfortable as is appropriate for you.
- Don’t overdo the steady state cardio.
- Schedule adequate recovery.
Nutrition is a minefield. There’s plenty of great information and some that is, quite frankly, wrong (on many levels!). We advocate a modified Palaeolithic diet (cave-person). But whatever diet, system or club you chose to follow, any programme based upon health and sustainable fat loss will include the following guidelines:
- Drink enough water.
- Eliminate wheat, dairy, refined sugar & processed foods.
- Get your vegetables in.
- Limit alcohol to 2-4 glasses of (red) wine per week.
- Eat slowly/chew your food.
Our fat loss programmes are based upon a modified Palaeolithic diet, appropriate supplementation, resistance training and high intensity interval training.
We help our members with a nutritional programme that works for them, if you’re struggling, give us a shout at our gym or try out our personal training and we’ll help you work out a plan that suits you.
- Meal Prep for Fat Loss
- Why Our Fat Loss Programme Works and gets Results
- Fat Loss – The Most Important Factor
- Are Superfoods Actually Inhibiting your Fat Loss Goals?