Eating well doesn’t have to mean living on a diet of steamed broccoli and going without!”
Love your Spag-bol but don’t want to be taking on all that pasta? Here’s your answer. Thanks to Beverley de Valmency for this one.
Courgette Spaghetti Dish
- 1lb Italian sausage – diced, or any meat you like, chicken, ground beef, whatever is available. Organic, grass fed is the key – scour the reduced counters (especially my local Waitrose, no-one seems to buy organic in there and it’s always reduced!)
- 3 small leeks
- ½ red onion
- 1 red pepper
- Can of artichoke – cut to smallish pieces – even the jarred will do
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 5 courgettes sliced thinly and cut into strips like noodles. Use a mandolin slicer then knife to cut strips, or of you have one a julienne cutter – yeah!
- Can of organic diced tomatoes (or fresh skinned and chopped)
- 2 tbs coconut cream (or coconut cream, or organic cream but I avoid dairy)
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 tbs fresh rosemary chopped
- Black pepper and sea salt to season
- In a large skillet or wok heat the coconut oil. If you are using raw meat, brown the meat in the oil and add the onion leek and pepper. If your meat is already cooked, put the veg in first, then the meat when the veg is tender. Cook through until all is hot.
- In a small pan mix the diced tomatoes with the juice of the coconut cream concentrate. Bring to a simmer and add the remaining sauce ingredients and mix well. To the meat and veg add the courgette and artichoke, and pour the sauce over. Mix well and cook for another 5-6 minutes. Just until the courgette is al dente – whatever you do don’t overcook – it’ll go to mush!
I get 5 servings out of this – it’s really yum and you’ll never want to eat cardboard pasta spaghetti again!
- Cauliflower ‘Rice’ – Delicious Alternative to Starchy Side Dishes
- How to Make Kale Actually Taste Good!
- Tuna Steak with Lime Coriander Marinade
- Protein Rich, Vegetarian Summer Salad Recipe
- Easy & Healthy Dip Recipes